View Single Post
Old 2006-01-04, 22:46   Link #215
Moon Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
"Perfection" doesn't exist. With that little variation, even without genetic defects lying in wait, all it'd take would be for one virus to mutate the wrong way to wipe out the human race. Not smart.

Besides, you're the one who think genes are oh so important to what kind of individual you'll get. So I ask you: in your society of genius singers/politicians/programmers/pilots... Who's going to grow the food?

Wasn't trying to suggest he was. Maybe I was misleading? What I meant was that, given an embryo, making it grow into someone who'll want to do a specific job, and be the best person for it, is going, even with genetic predispositions, to take control so ridiculously absolute it's going to dwarf anything Hibiki might have tried.

What things? When did I express such an idea?

What are you talking about?

Also, newsflash: one "higher education course" isn't the same as another, even if they're both about the same subject. Results have to do with factors which may have little to do with the student's talent for the course. Example: I had an algebra teacher with an accent. It bothered me much, it bothered others little. It had nothing to do with our aptitudes with algebra.

Actually, I was. Then what? Besides, you're totally missing the point.

That's but one reason I think his Destiny Plan was a crock.

"Artificially burn it out". How? Don't forget there are ressource constraints (do you have any idea how much it costs just to send something up there?) and obvious time constraints: I won't live forever.

Yeah, but they (generally) have more leeway than Dully. They don't take a look at a pregnancy test and arbitrarilly decide their kid'll be history teacher and nothing else. Besides, they adapt themselves to the kids they have (or try to). They look at their results in different subjects. At their tastes. Their behaviors. They don't decide a priori.

Explain female murderers...

Yeah, nothing to do with the diet. Or the conditions of the pregnancy. Or the circumstances of the life. The people they meet. Also, why don't we just jail hormonally imbalanced people and save ourselves the grief?

"exact same conditions". So he's going to meet clones of the people the original met? Clones who will also have been raised in the exact same way as their progenitors? And the weather will be carbon copy of what it was during the original's life? Also, tell me how useful it is to have, say, relativity discovered twice in the exact same way?

And that's where it goes wrong. (Well, actually, to me it started getting wrong when Gil used mass murder for PR and giant death ray threat as a selling point. But apparently some people think it's ok because of his intentions, so who knows?)

What's the best job one's suited for? It doesn't depend solely, or even mostly, on genes.

The extended needed training too. And even so, they all looked mentally deficient.

We're still more free than when the top of the chain of command had the right of life or death over those at the bottom. And we have less war. Which disprove your point that freedom was a breeding ground for war, hate, and crime.
Perfection does not exist yet.

The genius farmer

Huh? ::

In other words you had a bad teacher cause he inhibited the learning abilities of his students through his own failures to communicate properly and understandable. Teacher should be able to speak audibly

Maybe you should teach science and french Job a french scientist?

If we had th knowledge to, you know they'd do it. If you knew 100% your kid had the makings to become the next Morzart you'd put music the second he was born.

PMS very genetic

That's a good idea, you should do a study and publish your findings

It's like having the noble prize awarded for game theory discovered at the same time by two different people.

It does if gene's is all the seperates the result. If gene's is the only thing different then that's the deciding factor.

They were made mentally and physically defecient on purpose so they could be controlled easier

The bottom is still controlled by the top. The difference is the bottom has slightly more control of who's on top. There go less freedom.

@demon

The failure of communism isn't a failure because the systems was faulty. It was because the people running the system were. The thing with capitalism is that it collapses to under the same faultiness but it run with that inherant fault as it's source of power. Kinda the way the body needs air to survive, yet air the geastest source of cellular degradation.

We're at an impass. Neither of us will accept of even acknowledge the views of the other, so I'm just going to call this one dead. You don't believe it works. I'm saying it can in theory. We're never going to see eye to eye on this. And right now the more I argue the more cynical and dismissive I'll become so let's just stop here
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote