Thread: Bleach Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2006-01-11, 11:00   Link #72
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.0.7.
i'm pretty new to manga, but how does bleach manga work?
we have chapter by chapter right per week right? is this up to the discretion of the scanlating groups?
so does that mean that there's a bleach comic containing the current and upcoming chapters, and that the scanlating groups bought one and decided to release week per week?
or is one chapter released every week by kubo tite? (rather, the publishing company) and if so, does that mean that bleach is a feature in another magazine and that once there's enough chapters to fill a whole book..then they'll release it?
or is there a whole new system?

mods, please move this if this isn't the correct thread to post this question.
That's basically how it works. Every week a new chapter of Bleach is released in another magazine (I think it's Shounen Jump...I forget...) and someone goes to buy the actual release over in Japan. They then scan it and upload it to the internet, which results in the raws you see floating around. Most scanlation groups have their own raw provider (not all though) and at that point, when the actual scanlated manga gets released is up to the group.

Edit by Moderator: Please be aware that the Bleach manga is licensed by Viz. Any scanlations that might be found of this manga are a violation of that license. Discussion of where to find scanlation is off-limts and will result in bans.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-11 at 17:28.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote