View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 11:51   Link #28754
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
And Shannon going over to Battler in Kanon's clothes just for the heck of it, letting him out, switching personalities again because it's oh-so-fun and convenient and letting the other "die" because...well...she's in the mood for it, is better?
I believe he mentioned in an interview once it was a little unfair, as when dressed as the other they could still be themselves.

As for the seals, I seem to remember Erika making a comment about climbing around outside and Battler simply telling her they will work from whenever she wants, or did I make that up?

Finally, there was a reason for the personalities to die at that point, they were needed to to fulfill the epitaph. I always thought the resistance shown in some of the games was Kanon/Shannon personalities not just giving up and getting murdered, however they still lose anyway. Of course this requires meta-logic to be at play, but since our confession implies it was always in the story that is also fine. Furthermore, the whole point about them dying at specific times was addressed by Erika when trying to beat Beatrice's riddle at the wedding: there are multiple possible truths until confirmed. From a meta standpoint, a character could have died at any point that doesn't conflict with another red truth. This is why personalities can be killed at will at the perfect time, it was retroactive.
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote