View Single Post
Old 2007-08-30, 08:41   Link #142
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Ι edited the post, saying that it the whole classroom scene was completely out-of-character, and it's ridiculous for kids to just decide that they're going to kill somebody. And the most ridiculous thing is that Shion hit Keiichi with the chair! Nice friends.
I don't get the "out of character". since when it is? Did you see how shion's behaviour in meakashi-hen? Did you see how Keiichi was brave in tsumihoroboshi?

It is realistic in a sense if you cared to at least see the progression from Onikakushi until now. The plot was built in a way that the interactions and the evolution of the characters are natural and quite logical.

I don't see how you can say it is ridiculous. are you comparing this show with the usual "happy go lucky" shows, where most characters don't have any "flaw" until their past is it? Weirdly enough, in this story, everyone is affected deep down, and doesn't require a specific trigger. they were characterized with flaws and good points.
I don't get how you can have a standard of "kids", especially that you obviously can't stuck characters into a dumb one dimensional aspect.

and the most funny thing is : yes kid can wish the death of people. No, if you study psychology, the murderous intents/impulses are rare, but HARDLY possible to contain for a child, especially in their teenage, since the puberty offer lots of change (rebellous/inverse feelings etc). Heck, are you simply taking reference your life? I don't think it is ever "shocking" to believe that kids would want to kill someone.
People, as long as their have concept of "life and death" CAN decide to kill someone, if the reason behind it justify the act. in NO way, you can claim "you shouldn't considering your age and moral", this is simply stupid.
And this is much worse if you actually know these "kids" are subject of a disease/madness. (and before you might say "i didn't know", the season 1 and Reunion + Yakusamashi-hen were so full of hints it is hardly believable to say that it was OOC and simply a plot hole)