View Single Post
Old 2007-08-30, 09:18   Link #129
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
Im still trying to see what i can make animated with my limited GIMP but there are ways i can still do stuff, but its A LOT harder
Yea it's not as simple as it seems, but never give up!
ViVa La Animated Sig Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
O_O

You YOU!! you took awhile my Primula lol Great job riker the the shop with the hand and that looks really good
Thankies! /goes back to hide from PPP as a precautionary measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Nice patching with the hand~xD

hmm, what do they call it? ^^"
If you looked carefully I've just mirrored the left then did some editing as I still suck with the clone stamp tool. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunabouzu View Post
oi Riker your animation sigs are truely amazing^^
i myself make animations too but not like you....
more something like this...
Spoiler for animations:

i personally think your animations fit signatures way better than my do but since you know how frustrating it can be sometimes to make an animation...i would like to hear your opinion...
Well, basically I started off making animated sigs because I felt that brushes and filters are overused and overrated.
*cough*because I don't know how to use them*cough*

When I incorporate animation into my sigs (which is in almost all of them), I try to make it so that the animation complements the sig, adding a little spice without overwhelming it.

At first I was gonna rant and whine about the limitations of the GIF format's 256 colours restrictions. That was when I decided to google for some facts before I sounded like an idiot. I'm pretty glad I did, because I found this little titbit from http://phil.ipal.org/tc.html:

Quote:
GIF files were constructed with just a single image block, even though the GIF standard placed no limit on the number of blocks. Since there was no use for more than 256 colors, there was no use for more than one image block. This practice became effectively ingrained into the computer culture and eventually everyone "knew" that GIF supported no more than 256 colors. The fact is, the programs that generated GIF files supported no more than one image block, and thus didn't have a means to deal with more than 256 colors.
: O !!!!!!

p.s. I like what you did with the Magna Carta image. :3
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote