View Single Post
Old 2011-06-30, 09:51   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Very close... Very close...! If only it didn't slip at at the end.
The first 2/3 of the anime was indeed excellent. Very emotional, in a good way. The characters were interesting and the story and atmosphere were great too. Of course, the ED was awesome.
Anaru's nickname sounds the same as Anal and that was entertaining in a different way.
Oh yeah, and Yukiatsu.

Just... it couldn't tie everything up and slipped up at the end.
For instance, Menma and her interaction with others. So she could just move objects in front of others?! Then do that in the first place!
What reason does the show give for this? "That's just the way they are" Haha, oh yeah, sure. I'm not buying it. Come back after you prove to me that Jintan and Menma are retarded and have no ability to use logic.
I thought that perhaps Menma couldn't interact with others. But no, she can, it turns out. Now explain to me why Poppo didn't react to Menma eating food right in front of him earlier in the anime.

Another thing was Anal's friends. There were signs that foretold that maybe they were not as bad as we thought. So surely they will have some interaction later that will certify this, right? No, they don't appear until the end of the anime.
Er...

Then there is Poppo's confession in the last episode, the over-dramatic presentation in the last episode, Tsuruko looking like cross-dressed Yukiatsu, etc.

All in all, it was still a good anime. Just not as perfect as it seemed earlier on.
It also taught me not to expect anything from Noitamina. They have interesting ideas that don't attach themselves to moe and all, but for both C and this, they just couldn't tie up their ideas together. So I'll probably think about avoiding their shows from now on.
A good show can become a bad memory with a bad end (like this or C)
A bad show can become a good memory with a good end (like AYAKASHI)
It's interesting to see shows like this and C start out so good and turn out mediocre while shows that started out bad like Sengoku Otome turn out good.
That's just the world, I guess.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)