View Single Post
Old 2012-04-23, 13:53   Link #47
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I did have dream jobs to be a game designer or animator when I was in school, but my lack of motivation did me in and they're pretty much just pipe dreams now.
I personally found those jobs as dream killers I can't imagine being pushed by corporate needs to produce art/design. It kills the fun of brainstorming and screwing around.

I made a Touhou game back in my final year in highschool with a friend who's a manga art hobbyist and I replaced his favorite character design with a toilet that shoots flowers of projectile poo.

You can't do that in a gaming company Unfortunately, neither of us have any back up copies of the game. I had some really awesome bullet patterns in that game.
--------------
Anyone here ever want to work as a public transit bus driver? I REALLY want to be a bus driver when I'm past my 50's LOL. It seems so lax and have such nice municipal gov't benefits. I like crowds You set your own hours, you don't have to put up with customer shit (transit police takes care of that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Yep, I built a complete library of my own drawings as well, such as this controller panel. All I need to do is grab the correct size panel, add terminal blocks, a transformer and a controller (this particular controller can be used in a wide variety of HVAC applications) and voila:

Spoiler for controller panel:

Everything I drew myself to the correct size. I just keep them all where I can easily find them. I suppose that's the case for anyone who uses CAD on a regular basis.
Ah black background. I changed to white cause my employer says it hurts his eyes when he looks at my screen and the background is black and lines are yellow and white. Now HE is a dinosaur. He draws little structural sketches on 8.5"x11" with pencil and straight edge =.=". In construction, our drawings are typically drawn on 36"x48" paper.

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-04-23 at 14:19.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote