Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-09, 16:29   Link #2512
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
what is your dps and hp at when playing solo? curiosity on my part.
56k with just Glass Cannon. I've been lazy about upgrading my gear, have a lot of money, just haven't been bothered to buy anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
No. I'm going to go DPS-party build. It's only a nerf to act 2 difficulty I believe (though the party change affects all acts).

Also US should already have the changes to party mechanics. They are server side. Playing hardcore monk until they reach us in the EU. All the other changes are nice too but the party mechanic one is the biggest IMHO.

Well maybe the death cost for inferno, but I think their proposed fix is wrong. From my perspective currently a lot of rage is due to the death mechanic. Basically because death is essentially free, people don't see their DPS based specs (build and items) as bad (outside of hardcore) so when you play softcore it's very very easy to just turn into a glass canon. This sense of "doing the right thing" (because you're not affected by death) just gets engrained into you as you progress. This is even more true if you progressed in a party since death is just that minor 1s inconvenience (particularly in a party of 3 or more). When you reach Hell / Inferno you then start to see rage as people start dieing over and over and don't realize its bad, because the game has pushed you into being a DPS hore. Then you reach inferno (as a DPS hore) and (because solo-ing at the moment is the best way) you find out what it means to die and walk back to where you died; and how if you die multiple times that timer goes up. But it doesn't occur to you what you're doing wrong, since it "seemed" right up to that point.
It's just crappy design on the part of Diablo. Making all Inferno mobs hit so hard to the point that a reasonable amount of damage mitigation is worth jack forces people to go the glass cannon route. It's just another one of Diablo 3's short coming.

Is anyone else not excited when you see a Set or Unique item drop? I realized yesterday that nothing that drops from Diablo 3 excites me anymore. Rares? Likely gold pickup, Thorns, or 300 DPS. Blues? I get so many of them that I have over 1.5k Inferno powders. Uniques? The last 5 I got weren't even worth 100k
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote