View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 11:51   Link #75
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
As dangerous as it is, I believe that there's a certain beauty, or even innocence, in being able to pursue an idea without considering anything else.
And how exactly do you know, that all he can think about is this one goal? He does not give the vibe that he is in any way obssesed with the idea of destroying the sybil system. Yes, he does a lot of planning and manipulating to get there, but that just boils down to what kind of person he is.

To me he looks like a definition psychopath. Highly intelligent, manipulative and no feelings of conscience. For him this is nothing but a game. He is meassuring his strength with the sybil system and he is disgusted with the petty humans, who have stopped thinking and became sheep. Because being able to think freely, plan things ahead like a chess player is Makishimas specialty.

It is correct he does not do this for the good of the society, but I dont see any indication of this being anything more to him, but a game. A game he needs to play to keep his twisted mind pleasantly occupied. Not much beauty in that, nor is this something to be admired.