View Single Post
Old 2013-05-23, 18:38   Link #15
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper_oats View Post
Thanks, i thought so. The entire thing felt kind of artificial and forced when i rewatched it. The soldier was randomly being an asshole for no other reason than to start drama for the story. Eren then flips out on him and Armin and gives some stupid speech about Armin being weak and cowardly.

The kicking the soldier part? Fine, i could see him doing that. But the rest of it didn't jive well with how he'd actually behave in the manga. I'm sorry, but i just don't see him going off on his friend like that, Eren's not stupid and Armin was clearly the one making the most sense in that situation. And the part where he's literally crying from the forced oral Mikasa was giving him? Seriously, whoever wrote that could learn a thing or two about subtlety. It's no wonder some people have the impression that Eren's a brat/hot-headed/irrational when i never felt that way reading SnK.

And that pomegranate, flashing blood cells and fight for your life scene in episode 7 with Mikasa? Same problem for me, it tried way too hard to dial up the action and shounen-feel.

The original was more quiet and bittersweet. It was an internal monologue of a character who had given up and lost the person she loved the most. And yet, because of said person's indomitable will in life, he was still able to inspire her to fight on. It had finesse and that's what made the scene so beautiful. It wasn't some stupid "why are my hips moving on their own?", let's turn this into an action sequence with randomly added convenient symbolism heavy-handed insert like in the anime.
I didn't have a problem with the scene in episode 7 with mikasa besides the pomegranate that came out of nowhere. At first I thought it was the part of the titan she cut off that happened to look like a pomegranate.
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote