View Single Post
Old 2013-01-12, 08:18   Link #1078
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Exactly why I wish I was in her group.
So you could do what?

If Koko's willing to flippantly murder 700,000 people at the push of a button, you don't think she'd be willing to have someone in her group who seriously opposed her plans executed? I think Jonah is the only exception for someone she'd love unconditionally enough not to do that to.

Crazy ass CIA assassin chick is probably the only one who had a reasonable idea about how Koko should have been dealt with honestly.

edit: What's even goofier? Koko's big plan doesn't even bar humans from flying in the sky at all...how exactly does the Quantum computer foul up aircraft that don't rely on GPS navigation or global integrated comms? I'm not sure how you *hack* an aircraft's flight system if the flight system doesn't have any data links outside the aircraft. Modern aircraft really only need to be modified for them to work.

It doesn't even do anything to smart weapons. Wanna know how a laser guided bomb or missile works? The plane or a ground team paints a laser on a target, and the optical sensors on a missile/bomb see the laser point, and home in on it...it's a closed system, that no amount of fancy ass hacking can mess with.

It's just weird for a show that initially seemed relatively grounded in reality to go so wacko like that. If Koko's computer could really work as advertised, they might as well have just called it a magical device that could mind control people remotely, and materialize magical animals out of thin air.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-01-12 at 10:29.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote