View Single Post
Old 2011-04-13, 05:04   Link #1116
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Taking it out of context? Yeah could be similar, but place the scenes -in context-? Ranka loves singing, sure, but after what happened in the last episode? I mean did Alto think that never affect her?
Actually, that's what I mean - he knows something has affected her because (1) she did agree to sing in 21, and (2) her singing would have comforted people, so it's a mystery to him why she would have chosen not to sing in such circumstances. So he may have been trying to find out more about what exactly it is that's troubling her, though by asking something like "Why won't you sing anymore?" rather than "What's wrong?"

Basically, I disagree with this statement you made a while back:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
And the first thing he asks her when they met again wasn't about her well being but... why she wouldn't sing for Frontier. It's understandable, of course. But not romantic concern.
I think you could interpret his question as being an expression of concern for Ranka. Not romantic concern, but concern all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Actually I got no clue what you are talking about.
See our last conversation on this page. Though admittedly, the question in the interview wasn't just about that particular aspect of Alto, but about series vs. movie Alto in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Just a question on the last part. Could it be that there is a translation error and he means "more human" led by more passion and even flaws?
Hm...it was a video interview that I'm not going to check again right now, but the notes I made on it say "more realistic, closer to what people do in real life".

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-04-13 at 08:24.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote