View Single Post
Old 2012-09-01, 15:36   Link #2963
Raysoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
So are the game spoilers real? Fo' real real?
They spoiled the whole thing in a ******* game!? I guess they really don't give a shit anymore..

This is still a fictional story. Any story, regardless of genre, needs to be realistic (within the context of the universe) and most of all, believable. And of course the death of an importent character makes the climax even more exiting, but this should not be the motive to kill of characters randomly.

It's not about which character dies or how many, but it's about how and why. A death scene in any kind of writing needs to be relevent in relation to the story and obviously, well written. it's equally important as the introduction of the character, if not more. Just like how a screenplay is divided into setups; characters, whatever they are flat or round characters they have character arcs. the last part of the arc can not end with: 'And then he just died!'

Realism can not be an excuse for poor writing. I hope the Age writers get at least this one right.
So how should they die?

As what I have read:

-Fram still hopes Zeheart to change, sacrifices herself
-Zanald is a bad guy
-Obright SACRIFICES himself to save Diva
-Seric told Natora to fire even he is on the line of fire

They are all side characters. Motives are enough, but not too flashy. Do all characters need flashy deaths? Tell me a war related anime that has all characters dying characters has a flashy death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Sofar, what has the AGE writers gotten *right* ?
It depends if you think the writers have done right or wrong. Not all things will favor in the viewer's perspective, as it is a storytelling by the writers.