View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 17:39   Link #17
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
I'm guessing the descriptions are not supposed to be essays, which is why the developers have reduced the length of the field. Would you consider moving some of that text into a discussion perhaps, as Aoie_Emesai did for the "Artists Alike and from Afar" group?

@Narona: the same limit seems to apply to messages also...I'll change the description field and the messages to 5000; as we did for visitor messages. Seems reasonable. If I can, that is; not sure where the setting is without looking. The size of the images cannot be changed (oddly).
Sorry for my late reply . I didn't know the same limit was applied to the messages. Anyway, your suggestion is good, I think. Once the limit in the message will be increased (thank you ), I will move "the rules" part of the description in a "rules thread".

Quote:
As for the second limit imposed by the software; how many groups do you plan on running
I don't know, but I guess I will not do 50 groups ^^". It would be too much work since I check my groups everyday (to see if everything is ok).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
This one I'm not so sure about...Will have to give it some more thought, discuss with the other staff how we plan to control the growth of groups.Patience, miss. Patience.
I can understand your fears, that a person could create a large numbers of meaningless groups (yeah i know, my Hat and clovisland groups are not really what we can call smart groups but it brings people together around a same topic (even if it's crack XD) and I am proud of that ^_^)

Anyway, I wanted to create two new "serious groups". The ones mentionned by Sonae (thanks Miss )

And whatever your decision, thanks to have listened to my problems .
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote