View Single Post
Old 2006-09-14, 17:57   Link #16
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
bah....our disagreement is one of degree, not type

As to whether DoC and AC were good or not: I don't see how anybody can think that AC isn't a beautiful film.

DoC isn't going to win any awards, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it added narrative depth to the already established story. Certainly, it's easy to say that DoC is far superior to the crap that typically gets churned out to cash out on a licence.
Enough of a degree separation to form type.

A small nudge is degrees away from a brutal punch. But I won't be getting away with it anytime if I punched your mantits.

AC being graphically beautiful had nothing to do with its content.. I don't think I ever raised a point about anyone contesting its beauty. It being a good film is a different concern entirely.. As for DoC. Well, think of Pokemon. Pokemon Silver, or Gold, or Emerald or whatever variation which is most recent is obviously a milking of the Pokemon series, wouldn't you agree? If you don't then the conversation ends here.. if you do, then it's obvious that none of the later variations are crappy poo poo compared to the original, but it's still an obvious nipple pinching milk pumping exercise.

Let's have an additional test.

If FFVII didn't do well in sales, would all of these have come out? Would the producers be content to draw upon the thickness and goodness of what formed FFVII's core to creae more spin-off products for something that sold, say, only 200,000 copies worldwide?
arias is offline   Reply With Quote