View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 10:10   Link #101
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Yes, I am making this analogy on purpose. The point is there's little reason to doubt his claim. Didn't the readers believe him as well until the real Madara showed up?
There was actually a great many reasons to doubt it, first and foremost the masked part, and so it was until the author drowned us under tons of reason to accept it weeks after weeks for years. Facts that in insight make little to no sense.
And even with all those facts backing this notion there was something fishy about it (hence the large amount of theories that had him as someone else, anyone else) until his true identity became painfully obvious -although if memory serve you were among those quite adamant he couldn't possibly be Obito even when no other answer made sense.

Long story short, the readers didn't believe him outright (in fact the most popular first guess was Obito until it stopped making sense), had to be worked over quite hard to buy it and even then invented complicated stories to try to make sense of it all because the mere " Tobi is Madara" made none.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
And i think that there's nothing wrong having a plot hole like this, because Kishimoto most likely chose the emotional impact over a more rational choice. [...] But Obito is directly connected to Kakashi and to many others of his generation, and to Naruto's father, etc. and most importantly the reader already cares about him since the Kakashi gaiden was a part of the story that most readers loved.
Personally I feel no emotional impact about it save a mild annoyance and Obito is only really connected to Kakashi. As far as the rest of the characters are concerned it's who's this guy and what's his problem?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote