View Single Post
Old 2019-02-08, 22:31   Link #63
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
No, I think Cloudedmind means (and if I'm wrong will happily stand corrected) that most fans around her are so tunnel-visioned that it would never even occur to them to consider that the best performance in a series or a season could be a male. It's not a question of dominance - it's a question of myopia.

I mean, AFAIC there was no seiyuu performance this year in the same class as Hiroaki Hirata in Koe wa Ameagari. It was the biggest slam dunk in any category. But it never occurred to me for even a moment that it would get recognized here - it just isn't realistic.
Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at. I mean we've already had other members more or less mention similar things. So, I don't think it's just me over thinking. But, you know I'll go with whatever gets me what I want.

I'm still kicking myself that I managed to vote for Kenny Ackerman, and Tsurumi as best antagonist, but didn't manager to remember to vote for either of their va's, Kazuhiro Yamaji, and Houchuu Ootsuka. So, I get it. There are a lot of voice actors, and often times these types of things tend to come down to what someone is interested in and familiar with. If someone happens to be more of a fan of female voice actors, it might be easier for them to remember a great performance by a female voice actor, even more so if it's by one they're especially interested in. We all have certain biases for one reason or another. I know I'm probably never going to vote for an English speaking voice actor simple because I just don't watch dubs anymore, so I have no idea who's doing what in dubs. So, I'm not trying to condemn people for their choices and voting habits, just want to point out what I see as the reality of things.