View Single Post
Old 2019-02-09, 15:57   Link #70
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Like I said in private, its still too random once you look at all the entries that go in overall, it becomes a choice of what style you favor more before everything else. I'd say it's better to have clean distinct lists. It's better as a result to be able to see easily "here are all the follow-the-life-of" shows, "here are all the carefree relaxing" shows. Nobody is losing anything this way. Drama and carefree shows are like fire and water after all; not to say you can't like both, but they don't mix well.
I dunno man, I dunno. I can't speak for Love Live but I have watched Tari Tari, Bunny Drop and Shirobako and I don't think those were that far away from being largely carefree or relaxing. I did say that I don't watch those kind of shows but I have seen a few so I do know what they're like. I'm just not see it as clear cut as you are.

I get that you're not a fan of the genre categories being so all encompassing and generic but I actually like it for that reason and for reasons you largely stated for the Voice Actor category: It means a more competitive category and a stronger feeling that the winner has really earned it. I really felt like the genres that we've had were all "primary colour" genres and that carefree shows are more of a Slice of Life subgenre but I guess not everyone is seeing it the way I am. I think the current proposal (Version 4) is still the best solution at this current moment of time. Keeping is named as Slice of Life is still probably going to put more "serious" Slice of Life shows into competition with the same "Carefree" shows even when they have their own categories but if that's how people interpret it, that's the way it should be imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
C'mon, condemn them a little.
You know it's funny, I actually saw your nomination for Hiroaki Hirata and thought "Hey I didn't think of that. I couldn't think of anyone to nominate but that's actually someone I legit want to nominate now. Except I need to go to sleep now so I'll edit my post later."

And then I totally forgot all about it until now. Oops. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote