View Single Post
Old 2019-02-09, 16:33   Link #71
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I dunno man, I dunno. I can't speak for Love Live but I have watched Tari Tari, Bunny Drop and Shirobako and I don't think those were that far away from being largely carefree or relaxing. I did say that I don't watch those kind of shows but I have seen a few so I do know what they're like. I'm just not see it as clear cut as you are.

I get that you're not a fan of the genre categories being so all encompassing and generic but I actually like it for that reason and for reasons you largely stated for the Voice Actor category: It means a more competitive category and a stronger feeling that the winner has really earned it. I really felt like the genres that we've had were all "primary colour" genres and that carefree shows are more of a Slice of Life subgenre but I guess not everyone is seeing it the way I am. I think the current proposal (Version 4) is still the best solution at this current moment of time. Keeping is named as Slice of Life is still probably going to put more "serious" Slice of Life shows into competition with the same "Carefree" shows even when they have their own categories but if that's how people interpret it, that's the way it should be imo.
We could move Slice of Life to B. In other words make it a style rather then a genre. There's less of this perceived conflict between the three (Drama, Slice of Life & Carefree) in C with it moved to B. It it pretty much the same case as sports now that I think about it. xP