View Single Post
Old 2010-09-15, 15:55   Link #3
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1120705p1.html

A reboot..a FREAKING REBOOT... I'm a severely disappointed with this announcement.
I couldn't agree more. Although DMC's story was never it's strong points, they still left a lot unexplained about DMC4. They just introduced a new character that actually plays quite differently than Dante and quite well too, but poof reboot no more Nero. The visual style of DMC4 was also top notch, there was no need to change it to a more moody more brutal and rock star graphic style...unnecessary. I don't see an improvement at all.

Although I'll give it the benefit of the doubt in terms of gameplay, they might surprise us and it'll turn out to be a great game, but for now I feel alienated and they've only deducted points on my book.

PS: The only good thing is that Ninja Theory puts a lot of emphasis on story-telling, they enjoy capturing little emotions in real life that makes everything more realistic. That would certainly enhance the story telling experience that DMC can provide...however realism and character emotions are not what I'm looking for when I play DMC (welcomed but should not be the focus, please make the gameplay THE BEST before you get on the rest).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote