View Single Post
Old 2011-11-09, 17:43   Link #469
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
My take is that since both wanted it and it is pretty clear by now that both wanted each other as persons, it was totally okay and non-jerkish on Altos part.
Generally I agree, but there could be an argument for if she would have wanted it afterward if she was emotionally compromised to make that decision, buuuut I think we can safely say Sheryl totally would have done it anyway. After further thought I'd really say they were both equally to blame. Heck, Alto just found out she was dying. Guys have feelings, too.

I'm just going to come out and say this, they both needed comforting. Both of them were going through some pretty hard and uncertain times, as was all of Frontier. Would I be a bastard to suggest the double standard at work here? I don't know, but I would be curious to know who would get the blame if their genders were reversed. Now I may be committing political suicide here for suggesting this in particular, but the scene does seem to suggest that sex was Sheryl's idea, so perhaps it could be argued that she has more to blame. Or I just fail at life, which I'm told is often the case.

I guess they could have picked a happier time for that too but that's being picky given the circumstances.