Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 11:43   Link #26
Kakkou
Tch.

The first episode felt a little too busy for my liking. This would normally not be a problem had they handled the transitions better but they didn't, so I checked out the first two chapters of the manga just to see whose fault it was. So turns out episode 1 is a combination of events from chapter 1 and most of chapter 2 with changes to make them fit together. That explains why the story felt so cramped. Ah well, with 13 episodes only and a need to hook the audience I guess it can't be helped.

On another note I now appreciate the hair colour changes a lot more. Manga Shino looks exactly like the protagonist in Miyuki Abe's other manga and it bugs me because I keep seeing them as the same character in a different setting. Though thanks to Hiromi Kato anime Shino looks more like a younger, purple-haired Shu instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I can't really put my finger on why but this show feels like something out of the '90s or early '00s, with better animation...
It really does feel that way. In particular this felt like DEEN in the early '00s to me (but as you said, with better production). I don't think I've ever really had that feeling with their recent shows but somehow this does.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote