Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2014-11-07, 19:05   Link #8264
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I have still been keeping a close eye on the game and still watched the top tournaments, mainly the various WCS final events.

They are making some GIGANTIC changes to the game... starting with 12 workers... good bye 6 pool. I guess it may eliminate a lot of early game no-scout cheeses (bunker rushes) which imo is "health" at the tournament level (since it can be a part of mindgames - just that it's not fun to watch for spectators when your fav player falls to a proxy).

On new units:
I don't know why I feel that terran is once again getting all the new toys. The new firebat thing sound insane! (I mean, come on! Can hook themselves up to charge into melee range? Can even be upgraded to deal AoE damage? Isn't that just a... firebat?)

Combined with their new mobile long ranged unit, I think they are going to phase out hellions?

With zerg, they finally "bent over" and added lurkers. They get a lot of other "siege" options (esp if the new roach mutate can hit buildings with their nuke).

I am disappointed that they wouldn't just simply allow you to morph a queen into a mobile unit and give them the new frenzy ability given to infestors.

Protess imo is really lacking. I can clearly see how the other races would change composition based on the new changes, but not for protoss. They most likely would still open similarly.

Their new unit is like some widowmine+baneling hybrid.

The dark shrine, along with dark templars, are still too niche of a unit. Giving them a shadowstep upgrade, or some sort of a "temporary complete phase out" where they "hide" in another dimension might be justifiable via research.

It is almost as if they are hesitant to add gateway units due to warpgate mechanics (which is getting nerfed).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote