Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-03, 01:42   Link #1093
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
30 temples and shrines, 9 gardens and parks, 6 castles, 2 imperial palaces and comiket... not bad for the first 30 days, though I have missed a lot.

Some trivial stuff I skipped mentioning:
  • Japanese love to line up, be it comiket (12-31), Meiji Shrine (01-01), Emperor's speech (01-02), Kaminari Gate (01-03)...
  • Visiting the Tokyo palace for the emperor's speech was quite embarassing, during the backpack check, I had in it about 30 H-doujinshi, and forgot inside a pack of condoms too... I gave the policewoman a good laugh during a really tough workday
  • For the love of gods, why doesn't anyone stand up for the elderly in trains I have already offered my seat thrice here, while those bimbos and businessmen pretended to not notice!
  • Ageha sucks!
  • Japan has the best hard rock / metal bars after Greece, friendly staff, cozy atmosphere, interesting to talk customers, smoking allowed indoors, but the best thing is that clients get to pick songs I strongly recommend ING in Kyoto (next to the temple Oda Nobunaga died), Mother and Godz in Shinjuku, as well as Rock-a-holic in Shibuya.
  • Toilets, not only they are free and everywhere, they are also clean!
  • The patriots at Yasukuni... I really don't get these people, however much brain-damaged someone can be, still these "patriots" are in completely different level than any other idiot... and they exist in every country too
  • Smoking... thank gods you are allowed to smoke inside stores and enclosed spaces... not like those hypochondriac fascists in Europe who try to enforce their habits into everyone!
  • Doujinshi... unless you deal with some thief working in a distribution company or a bimbo in Ageha misunderstanding feminism... there is a clear distinction between fiction and reality
  • 2nd hand stores for anything... dirt cheap electronics, clothes, furniture, figurines, comics (both domestic and imported)... Nakano and Akihabara are heaven on earth
  • last but not least, food... the food here is excellent, be it cheap or expensive is far better, more fullfilling and cheaper than what one could get in England, France, and Germany... probably a vegetarian's nightmare, but then again these people should realize that humans have a different diet than cows
  • Oh! and I almost forgot... konbini (convenience stores)... open 24/7 and have everything at reasonable prices... from cigarettes to food to drinks to hentai

Well, this is more like living in Japan, then visiting (since I decided to try and stay here), but I guess the list could help most visitors too
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote