View Single Post
Old 2008-05-04, 21:48   Link #18
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Yes, it is easy to do, but that does not mean it is the right thing to do We have considered this suggestion before (the last time you made it ) but decided not to adopt it as yet. We would prefer people used thumbnails or links in preference to "hiding" content under any sort of tag, unless the content is actually a spoiler, in which case the semantics of "spoiler" are correct and desirable.
I certainly agree that thumbnails are preferable to hiding large images, but what about the case when someone is posting 50+ thumbnails in a single post of an image thread? (That's not remotely hypothetical.) All of a sudden I want to see thumbnails behind hide tags to keep them from taking over the page.

Of course, I agree that instituting a hide tag would encourage people to use it instead of thumbnails for the reason that they figure we must mean it to be used that way if we bothered to create a whole tag for it. And I can't believe we're discussing this, instead of actually talking about the effect of a spoiler policy. It is unfortunate that this is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
This new policy is gonna be getting me a few infractions >.<

I do hope users label their information in spoilers properly now.
Example please! What in particular will catch you? The need for a title?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote