Thread: Licensed Hunter x Hunter
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-06, 07:28   Link #589
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Am I the only one that has a problem with the king surviving a point-blank bomb in the first place?
Powerful okay, but there has to be a limit to what a physical beeing can withstand in this world.
I feel you. Though to be fair, he didn't look too pretty lying there in Yupi's arms.

I suppose the only argument within the series possibilities you can make for his survival is the following: The king possesses a tremendous aura and insane physical capabilities, undoubtly thanks to that insane aura. Itīs not unthinkable that a nen-user of his level was able to make a splitsecond decision to use a combination of Ken and Gyo to protect his body. For instance, his limbs were severed but his head and body were 'ok'. Similair to Gon fight against Gensuru.

In this case, picture it as instincitively protecting your head when sombody throws a rock at you, except instead using Gyo. The RG's prowess with nen despite their young age has been very well established in the last 50 chapters or so. The King seems no exception as we've seen.

So farfetched: yeah. Entirely unbelievable in the HxH-universe: no.