Thread: Licensed Negima!? NEO Manga
View Single Post
Old 2006-11-08, 10:46   Link #4
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I read chapter 00 a few days ago and I liked it so far--the whole chapter was backstory on Negi and Anya at their magic school and shows them taking their final exam together (which is more like a quest than a "use a number two pencil and fill in the bubbles completely" final). I had heard Negima Neo was going to follow Shaft's anime storyline, but chapter 00 was completely different from the brief scene with Negi, Anya, and his sister in Shaft's episode 1. That's fine with me, since I'm already watching the anime and wouldn't want the manga to just be a reproduction of what I've already watched. The artwork isn't bad, it looks very similar to Akamatsu's, and it's the most screentime I've seen Anya get in any incarnation of Negima which is also good in my book. There didn't seem to be as much fanservice as the original Negima (except for Anya getting her clothes blown off near the end of the chapter), but since that varies from chapter to chapter in the original it's hard to say for sure yet.

Looking forward to seeing more, I'm curious if this will go into the Evangeline arc next like Shaft did, or if this will go in a different direction completely.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote