View Single Post
Old 2009-05-21, 01:22   Link #90
LeoXiao
思想工作

Well I guess there's not too much you can do about it anymore, except wait until he's over with his habit. he seems like he's gotten to the point where nothing external can really influence him any longer; even if your parents stop giving him food he may just play and play until he finally dies of heart failure or something. The only way he can get out of it, it seems to me, is for something to click with him and cause him to start looking at things differently. And this might not happen.

So what I would suggest you do is not try too hard to actually change him. Keep an eye on him, however, and do what you can to make him do his part of the chores. Don't cut off contact with him, but simply interact with him in a neutral way, and never try to make any kind of remark that could be interpreted as an affront. It's important that you don't become the one who is breaking off ties (let him be the one to do that), as this can give him a reason to blame you in the future for being a "cold and distant brother" (even though its irrational), when he finally realizes he's been a piece of sh*t the whole time.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote