View Single Post
Old 2011-04-11, 10:37   Link #1096
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I am sure that I am not mixing up anything. What would it change if Alto is under Michael's supervision? Nothing. Still responsible - for both - is Ozma as a Squad Leader. And regards to Ranka Ozma asked him as Rankas brother and not to hire a professional soldier.

Look again at the point, when SMS faces the Alto/Lucca as opponents and rewatch the dialog slowly. Look more behind the Ozmas word. It was indeed not because of Ranka. It was all about Alto. Again. Ranka decided and SMS decided. So there is no need for them to discuss this in the dogfight. And Alto already lost Ranka. So what is left for him to spread his wings? For SMS (the patriots) or for Frontier (defend those who are left behind).
But Ozma doesn't know Alto personally, we have never seen Alto go to Ozma for advice on his personal problems. So again yes Ozma is in charge of Alto, he's in charge of a lot of the characters from SMS, however that doesn't change the fact that Alto and Ozma do not know each other on the personal level. Because that was never shown or implied. Just because someone is in charge (read: has authority) over someone else does not always mean that they have to know each other on a personal level.

I watched the dialogue and I paid attention but unlike you I did so while taking the character and their relationship to each other into account. Which is why I hold my position. Sometimes the face value really is all there is to it.

I said it before and I'll it again Ozma is not Alto's mentor he is not MF equivalent of Roy Focker. Simply because they don't talk each other on a personal level on a subject matter that isn't Ranka. Ozma has a limited knowlodge of Alto which extends only to Alto's position in SMS and his position of Ranka's protector, that is all.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote