View Single Post
Old 2012-02-24, 17:19   Link #1774
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why not, like, just wait until you finish the first game before starting the second? It's not as though it's going to go anywhere. You can spend a few months playing a single game if you don't have time for long sessions.

I really don't see the problem here.

The problem is that the quality of the narrative is sacrificed for the sake of those new players, who appear to be the target audience for ME3.

But he's clearly not. It's really disgusting that one of the most important parts of the whole Reaper backstory is relegated to optional content, which EA knows people will buy BECAUSE Protheans are supposed to be so important.

Again, imagine if Return of the King was designed so that you didn't have to see the first two LOTR movies. That's what this is about.
Dude like I said, time constraints. Time availability and management isn't the same for everyone. That can work for some, not for others. I work 36 hour shifts every three freaking days for a year now.

As for quality of narrative, would you prefer Bioware choose old players over new players or the other way around? I'd assume you're speaking as an old player, but put yourself in the shoes of a new one. From what I see Bioware is trying to find the middle ground because they know new players will be coming. It's only when the game comes out can we see if their gamble pays off. It's pointless from a business standpoint for them to flip off potential new customers.

Consider that they tried it somehow with ME2, and not you didn't hear the internet rage everywhere. Why start now?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote