View Single Post
Old 2012-02-26, 14:26   Link #878
AutarchSeverian

Quote:
Cornelia, however, was let off the hook too easily. She made for an interesting adversary, but her character wasn't redeemed enough to justify her survival at the end of the series, considering the atrocities for which she was responsible. Villetta meanwhile did things only for her self-interest, while serving as Lelouch's secret biggest obstacle. And even though she's partly responsible for Shirley's downward spiral, the betrayal of Lelouch and his bad end, she still gets one of the happiest endings.
Ya, I agree, they are far from perfect. But I still find them to be interesting characters. Moreover, Code Geass's "god" isn't definitively something that metes out justice accordingly to all living humans, so I don't see how you can expect that everyone in the series would get an ending justified by their actions. Finally, I'm not exactly a vindictive person, so what worries me is more that Cornelia, who favored discrimination against Japanese including a purge of at least one ghetto, and was one of the most aggressive in pursuing an imperialist agenda, might maintain a position of influence in the world. However, I'm not exactly cheering on her punishment for past misdeeds.
AutarchSeverian is offline   Reply With Quote