View Single Post
Old 2013-08-19, 15:22   Link #53
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'd like to know which scene you heard that in because I don't remember that.
I never heard that. But I think that Mikoto's actions and words in this episode and the two before it kind of imply it.

Would it have been better if we had a brief bit of Mikoto dialogue or inner monologuing that would make it clear that she's changed her mind here? Yes, that would have been better. The writing here is not perfect. But I've certainly seen far, far worse. At least the show did have some follow-up on the Sisters, as well as Mikoto's continuing embarrassment over the cookies.

Also, at a meta-level, I'm not sure if Mikoto playing detective and hunting down random politicians, scientists, managers, and bureaucrats would be terribly entertaining. So I'm not sure if the show having her do that would have been the best way to go anyway.

Finally, I've read this is an anime-original arc that we're into now. Perhaps if/when the anime gets back to source material we'll get more follow-up to the Sisters arc. Maybe an evil mastermind or two will come to the fore, and Mikoto will then get to bring them to justice.