View Single Post
Old 2011-02-02, 16:04   Link #711
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Fair enough. I don't know why this is important, though.
It was mostly a nitpick. Also, that idea will bite you in the ass in EP8, if you haven't read it yet.

Quote:
See, this is just stuff you're assuming I said and I have no idea why. I never said anything like that. The proposition is this: there is a Kanon in the real world who is dead. Then there is fiction Shannon wrote in which Kanon is "alive". Whatever Shannon meant the fictional Kanon to symbolise (Kanon in the flesh combined with part of her psyche or what), it doesn't matter to the in-story character.
This isn't how other posts of yours read. It's very difficult to follow what you're typing, I must admit. English isn't my first language and if I remember right I think you said it's the same for you.

The "Kanon is dead but being treated as alive" thing, though, still stands to my other point: It doesn't explain any of the Shkanon-implying major plot points.

Quote:
The only person here running on steam and anger is the guy who's been frantically arguing with and calling me a hypocrite for the last two-three pages. If you can't write your arguments without being a complete dick I am not going to waste my time answering them.
I recall you calling me stupid, first. I tend to lose my temper when people resort to personal insults.

Regardless, I find the idea of people criticizing Shkanon for being ridiculous and unnecessary, then trying to explain it away with an even more obtuse and baseless theory, to be hypocritical.

Quote:
Because Beatrice's games are intended, as far as I understand, to contain, but also conceal, the events of Rokkenjima. Exactly what does writing a piece of fiction where it's stated in red witches exist accomplish (and before you rush to turn this on me, take the time to re-read my original post and see how I already mentioned this)?
But that's not even the same thing. Shkanon is never outright stated in the text, it's implied with fantasy scenes and magical scenarios, and there's only "two sides" of the story, going by the narration in EP6.

So, we have a fantasy scene to cover up for another lie that covers up yet another lie to cover a truth that's not the slightest bit relevant to anything except that Jessica's sort of a necrophiliac?

Um, okay.

Quote:
You pointed out the biggest problem here. This is where I'm being sketchy; the duality that isn't a duality, as a manner of speaking. My assumption is that, no - because real Kanon is already dead, and hence fictional Kanon is not an accurate portrayal of him, we are not permitted, under the red, to talk about the fictional Kanon's life and death status (it would contradict the past to grant fictional Kanon the right to be alive or dead independently of Kanon). We are permitted to portray a fictional Kanon that is "alive", in the sense that he is allowed to take certain actions within the story, however. When those actions are taken we may assume them legal, perhaps through liberal interpretation of the reds, or perhaps through avatar-play (though one that is dissimilar to Shkanon). The important thing is that they do not contradict the past, even if taken liberally (but within the bounds of what the Author intended).
And yet people say "personality death" is cheap, obtuse nonsense that needlessly fucks with the very simple Red.