View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 13:02   Link #3274
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So, um... anyone want to help me with some ideas for the armor mod I'm commissioning? Kinda running on some blanks on the rest of the armor and I'd rather it have more than just retextures.

The idea is a merging of the Ebony and Dragon Armors, using the Ebony Armor as a base. Ideas I've got so far is laying the Dragonscale armor's shoulders over the Ebony armor's shoulder plating, and the spiked part on the collar from the Dragonscale armor in the same place as the Ebony Armor. The gauntlets are Ebony base with a miniaturized dragon skull (think Dragonsreach's throne trophy) fitted over the right gauntlet, with a both-guantlets variation for non-shield users. The shield will be a variation of the ebony shield, set sideways so that when standing still, the top end of the original shield will be facing downwards and the bottom end being up towards the shoulder. The shield may be thinned a bit as needed.

Beyond that I'm unsure of what to merge or replace. Running a blank on the boots and the rest of the armor, particularly the leggings and helmet (which I want to remain like the ebony helmet, though maybe with larger or more elongated side wings), and what additions/alterations to make to the shield. Also unsure as to how it should all be textured; I imagine a number of the ebony armor's plates could be retextured to look like dragonbone plating or dragonscaled. Still working on the concept art for this so I can have hothtrooper44 (Immersive Armor's creator) see if he likes the armor well enough to work on it, as he's already said once I hammer out all the remaining details we can talk about a contract.