View Single Post
Old 2007-11-12, 21:35   Link #42
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
My favourite is the Dynames. Pulls off that sniper feel so well, and overall, just looks cool.

After that, I'd have to pick virtue. THIS is what overgunned gundams were meant to look like. Big, tough, gritty. None of that gaudy Freedom/SFreedom bullshit. Hell, Virtue is so manly that it actually turned its pilot into a woman.

Kyrios and Exia tie for bottom with me. They're great designs, IMO, just not as good as Dynames or Virtue.

Anyways, if the big 4 were to go against each other, Dynames would beat Virtue simply because Dynames has the range to snipe it out. In fact, Dynames would probably beat all the other gundams simply because it has the massive range advantage. At mid to close range however, it would probably lose.

Otherwise, Virtue wins against everything. It can take the hits, and it can REALLY dish it out. As said earlier in the topic, Virtue destroys EVERYTHING.

Kyrios has the maneuverability that might allow it to survive against Dynames and Virtue, and if lucky, perhaps get close enough to get the killing hit in on Dynames. Against Virtue, it would just have to RTSD, and hope to get locked in on close combat before Virtue WTFPWNs him with the big blasty stuff.

Exia is probably the weakest in direct combat against each other. It's simply not suited to fight the other gundams. Without the maneuverability of Kyrios, it's pretty much free shots for Dynames, same with Virtue. He'd probably be dead before he got close enough to do anything. Against Kyrios, Exia won't be AS outmatched, but all Kyrios has to do is play keep away to stay away from the pointy bits, and just make a few shots here and there. Exia's ranged combat isn't anything spectacular really.
Maybe people are forgetting that for Dynames to get the vast distance advantage, it needs the massive power reactor stuff to power its rifle, which makes it more or less fixed in position and fixed in direction of fire. Without that power reactor stuff, Dynames' sniper rifle haven't shown to have any more range than Virtue's big cannons (well, sniper rifles usually don't get more range than artilleries anyway ). Also Virtue can generate some kind of GN field which are supposedly very strong, at least much stronger than the other Gundams' defense if we judge by the settings, albeit we haven't really seen it in full action, as nothing can penetrate a standard Gundam armor yet

Anyway since GN particles seem to be the miracle particles of this show, and Virtue can generate much more of those miracle particles than the other Gundams, so I guess that should put it at an advantage against the other Gundams
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote