View Single Post
Old 2008-03-07, 10:47   Link #27
Deathscyther

Great episode. The action was very good and I loved the JOINT song in the climax as well. In my opinion it fitted the scene. This episode did have a final season episode feeling, especially with the inserted song.

But yeah, some parts of this season seemed kind of disappointing, but there were good parts in the season as well. Better to have the Konoe arc spread out over the first few episodes and in the end weaving it together with the canon stuff, then some stupid filler arc in the last few episodes, right?

I agree, season 1 was better than season 2. Probably because it was new to us and there was lots of action. And I think that some people watched it more for the action than for the story behind it.

But I wouldn't say that season 2 was disappointing. I liked the whole season except some of the Konoe arc episodes and the screwed up the love-triangle a bit. But besides that, they did a good job. They handled the canon-stuff pretty good in my opinion. Although the fights were short, they were pretty well handled. The animation was less good in the fight scenes sometimes, but that's because of the low budget probably.

And well, people who are complaining about there being more action in season 1 than in season 2. The novels they animated in season 2 had less action than the first ones, because this season was mostly used to drive the plot forward. Focusing on the side characters (Tanake, Keisaku, Yoshida, Wilhelmina, Yuji's parents...and of course Yuji himself), flashbacks (margery and Yuri), the love-triangle, the silver, and some other things which I'm not going to name here.

While in season one we got straight into the action with Friagne, and then Margery, and then the twins, while the world of SnS was slowly explored during the fights. Don't forget...the balle masque fights in the final episodes in season 1 were filler as well.

So overal, I think they did a good job with the time/money they had to animate this season. And don't forget, it's not over yet. We've still got a few episodes to go.

And we finally saw Yoshida doing something important as well! =D
This Yoshida is much better than the emo-yoshida.