Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-07, 16:18   Link #3831
Shadow Kira01

Afghan group says NATO strike killed 70 civilians

Something I don't see everyday...

The Talibans are currently seeking the aid of the United Nations over a recent NATO airstrike which claimed the lives of at least 70 civilians. Since the terrorist organization is getting the United Nations to get involved, it seems as though the NATO are the bad guys now. In fact, based on the given information, it is difficult to tell whether the Talibans are the true terrorists or the NATO is as that 70 civilians were killed in what appears to be an indiscriminated mass murder. Hmmm...

Afghan President Accuses US of Trying to Undermine Him

Considering that NATO just sent some fighter planes and killed 70 civilians, I don't think the United States care much what the leaders of Afghanistan or any regional nation thinks as that there is a huge gap between their economy and military power. Nonetheless, the people in Afghanistan don't look too happy about it.

Israel Defies Washington, Approves Settlement Expansion

Considering that the United States provide Israel with much more monthly welfare than to their own American citizens, not sure if the Jewish leaders are making the right decision or not. On the contrary, Israel's economy seems to be in better shape than that of the United States. I guess Israel don't really care..

Iranian President Refuses to Negotiate Nuclear 'Right'

Considering that Israel can defy the United States whenever they feel necessary to do so and the fact that a number of nations in the world right now really shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear capabilities yet they possess it, I don't see any problem with Iran possessing it. Its not like they plan on nuking people once they start making the warheads. Generally, if China is allowed to expand their military power while possessing hundreds to thousands of nuclear warheads while continuing to manufacture more, I don't see why Iran is prohibited from keeping one or two nuclear warheads as deterrents. Both the United States and Russia currently are trying to abolish nuclear warheads as that both sides have thousands. Speaking of which, Iran's enemy, Israel also have quite a nuclear arsenal, not to mention their military power is quite high.