Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 20:59   Link #1527
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
That's like saying one listens to a song without thinking about the singers; some people, after listening to a new song for the first time and found it great, would try to find out about the voice behind the song, and they'll follow that voice to wherever he/she goes.

Which is why I'm highly appreciative of seiyuu and their efforts, regardless of where they came from.
Depends. One can listen to a song and like it enough to look forwards for other products released by them, but without wanting to "follow them everywhere". You admire them, you would wish them well, you may want to go to a live show of them. But you don't need to be interested about their private lives, about every place they are, about everything they do, just because you like them. That level of fandom for people that happens often with idols, seiyuus and popstars, because of the nature of their business, is something I really dislike.

That's in part because I value privacy a lot, which makes me dislike when someone I'm not close to infringe my privacy, and also makes me dislike doing so to others. Even though that may be part about being an idol, it just don't fit with me in that way.