Thread: Licensed ARIA The ANIMATION
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-29, 08:52   Link #23
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I recently began on this, and am currently on episode three. I've seen two posts alluding to this, but what's with all of the A-names? Akari, Akira, Ai, Alicia, Aika, Alice, even Akatsuki... I didn't realize it until I found myself trying to remember a name, and the difficulty generated by almost all of the names coming to mind.

If people like this series, I'd also highly recommend Mushishi. It lacks the "fanservice" of Aria (I love Aria's character and clothing designs) but the environments and music are beautifully done, and each episode is unconnected to the last. Both Aria and Mushishi are two of the few series that I've come across where I can watch an episode again and enjoy it just as much as I did the first time I saw it.

Unrelated to the anime, but does anyone here have experience with the Japanese version of the manga? In an effort to improve my vocabulary and slightly improve my kanji knowledge (though you can only really learn those by writing them a million times, in my experience) I'm looking for a series to translate - not for a scanslation group, but just for myself and on my own time. I know Aria has furigana, but how complex is it? I was originally going to translate DeathNote, but one of my friends mentioned that it becomes very complex midway into the series. People here have a favorable view of the manga so I'm not worried about the quality of it, but just the difficulty.