View Single Post
Old 2013-08-12, 23:34   Link #1489
Chris38

Well, recently I started wondering, what kind of powers Ise might obtain, from Great Red and Ophis...

I know that it's probably too early to bring this up but, I still want to discuss, with someone, my thoughts on this matter...

Great Red's powers, due to him being considered as the "dream dragon", are probably going to grant Ise the ability to create material clones of himself, which will only reveal therir true nature, after they are "defeated".

Ise, naturally will be capable of executing attacks using the clones, but the number of commands that he will be capable of issuing, is going to be limited.

Of course, the downside of this ability , is the fact that Ise's power that he had, before he imitated this power, would need to be equally spread among his clones, but that might be resolved ... if Ise boosts his powers before or when he using this "ability".

Naturally, another weak point of this ability, would be that some magic abilities would be capable of neutralizing the clones or realizing which clone is the real Ise, which makes this ability better against physical based enemies, rather then someone who has a good orientation in "magic".

The numbers of "clones" would also be determined by the amount of magical power that Ise had, and Ise won't be capable of reinforcing them, easily ... due to the large consumption of magical power ... that this "ability" would require...

I know that it sounds like a technique, from a certain other manga, but there is nothing else that I could think about, which could use the attribute of "dream" that Great Red has...

Not to mention, I think that Ise has more then enough, "offensive type abilities" and it would be a good thing for him to gain a few "defensive ones".

Which leaves me with the power that I think Ise is going to gain from Ophis, which I think is going to be ... the ability to absorb / reflect magical attacks, due to Ophis being the "Infinite Dragon"...

Of course, this technique will be useless when it comes to physical attacks, but since Ise is better at close range combat, it would be a good tactic to force his enemy into a situation where Ise is going to have a superiority.

Naturally, Ophis power and Great Red's power can't be used simultaneously... due, to the same reasoning as Ddraig's and Albion's powers.

This is of course, speculation at this point, but I think that powers like that would fit Ise's combat style and the rest of the abilities that he has / going to have, so I can't say that it's impossible for Ise to acquire something like that.

And before you say that those two "abilities" are pretty overpowered, both Ophis and Great Red are known (or have been known) as the two strongest beings in the DxD universe ... so, it's pretty reasonable to speculate that the "abilities" that Ise could obtain from them, would be pretty powerful as well...