View Single Post
Old 2008-02-04, 00:48   Link #957
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You know, considering how many players howl over the "olde English" script used in FFXII ("zomgs! the voice acting in FFXII is awful!"), I wonder if viewers are truly ready to listen to Horo speaking Elizabethan English in a R1 dub.

Consider this example from Speaking old English for Dungeon Crawlers:

Lady: Well met, milord. Whither wendest thou?

Knight: I came hither from Britain, Lady, and am making for Covetous this very minute.

Lady:Wherefore goest thou thither?

Knight: For to rid the labrynth's twisting passages of the evil that doth lurk therein.

Lady: And when thou returnest thence?

Knight: I shall again to fair Britain, the bounty of mine hunt for to leave in the bank there.

Lady: Well and good then, milord. Hie thee hence! Hie thee hence! And may the Virtues smile upon thee.

Knight: And on thee, milady, and may thou not be troubled overly by mongbats.
Disagree FF12 in English has a theme of its own, I will admit nothing beats a solid JP cast...NOTHING......NOTHING and really wish I would get the JP vocie tracks with every game..I am sorry but I can;t stand bad dubs and nearly anything from capcom makes my skin crawl.

But FF12 dialog and VAing is some of the better stuff I have sen for gaming in ages, my only real complaint about it (besides the game play begin trash) is that they do not use enough voice actors and some of the VAing is rough, but still even as far as dubs go its a 6 (Naruto would be a 5,inuyasha being a 7, FMA would be a 7 as well,Cowboy bebop a 8-9.)
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote