View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 12:00   Link #1851
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
I don't think the changes affected the ending itself that much, honestly. The intended version probably adressed dropped plot points, but the last episodes in my opinion were planned from the start.
then why did the rest of the season kick ass (up to ep 19) and the rest was such a trainwreak
all that build up for an NGE rip off and a final battle consisting of
1)lelouch vs nunnaly
a "fight" that ends with him geassing her rather then actually making her see his point or actually showing any feelings between them
2)suzaku vs kallen
a fight that while actually between two characters who have some reason to fight (albit not so much of a reason to kill each other), could have been avoided altogether by just having suzaku tell kallen what he and lelouch are actually up to (or the they were even up to something at all)
3)anya vs Orenge
a fight that makes absolutly no sense between two people who have NOTHING to do with each other and only serves to show how badass orenge is

the whole last act was just completely lame with
1)people coming back from the dead for no reason (why gilford, what does he bring to the table at this point)

2)a "big bad" who proved to be neither big nor bad, and ended up falling for the same trick that mao did (and lelouch even stated that mao was an idiot)
shnizel was such an awesome villan in ep 19
he was even better at the game then lelouch was
but as soon as the final act came about he basiclly gained a small tactical advantage in the battle in ep 23 (due entirely to the fact that he had all the aces on his team)
and once lelouch had him at a disadvantage he just started nuke spamming
and i have said it before and will say it again
a magnificent basterd loses all his magnificence once he builds himself a doom fortress

3)they wasted the whole "suzaku finally snapped and is ready to be an actually convivncing villan for once rather then a wishy washy antagonist" that was in the end of 19
they just ended up wasting it all with a lame final act that seemed so pointless and contraived that they may have been doing it just to spite the fans (why would lelouch ally himself with the guy who blow his sister to kingdom come, or suzaku joining with the guy who admited he killed his girlfriend for political gain)

i wont deny that i'm also pissed off about the shipping war not getting an answer
but from a logical POV the ending sucked balls