Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-05, 00:37   Link #36
DanielSong39

I think it's always good to maintain focus on the main heroine and the core story. Several adaptations did this in an effective manner. For example, To Heart used the "girl of the week" approach while keeping the focus on Hiroyuki and Akari, and to a lesser degree Shiho and Masashi. Canvas 2 was dictated almost entirely by the main love triangle, Hiroki, Elis, and Kiri - yet the other girls were used effectively as side characters. Lamune focused almost exclusively on the lead couple, but the other girls had their moments and remained likeable throughout. And D.C. ~ Da Capo managed to deliver several likeable female characters while keeping the focus on Jyunichi and his two pseudo-incestuous love interests.

So it can be done. I think the key is to home in on the main story while maintaining the personalities of the side girls and finding effective ways to use them as side characters. Every good dating sim adaptation I've seen has used this formula to some extent.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Given the setup of the story, I think characters like Akira, Kazuha, and Ryohei are good for livening up the story - but I'm much more interested in Sora's relationship with Haru and seeing how Nao fits in the equation. Nao seems to occupy the space exactly in between potential love-interest for Haru and onee-san to the two twins; let's see how this develops.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote