View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 11:25   Link #80
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Frankly it doesn't make much sense that Yui could one-shot Tarisa, Stella and VG, Even supposing she's an ace pilot and even considering the Takemikazuchi that was a bit too much, but I guess the time constraints of an anime called for that...
It becomes even more difficult to accept when you see Yuuya standing his ground against Yui even thought until that point his performances were always inferior to the other three against Beta and in the first mock battle they didn't seem much below his level, not even VG who had the same machine.

It's obvious that Yui decided to go easy on Yuuya, but why would she go as far as to let him disarm her? I guess that's supposed to be an unexpected sudden surge of superhuman skills from Yuuya's part, but that seems a bit fortuitous when you consider what Yui just did to the other three.

Regarding the conflicting warrior and soldier philosophies, I think it shouldn't even be argued which is right. Yuuya is absolutely right, there's no point in a machine that can only be piloted by veterans, you don't fight wars with veterans alone, especially wars when pilots keep dying like flies and you need to resort to teenagers to replace them.

I wonder if Yui realized the fact that she is the only survivor of her whole class and that maybe it's not a coincidence that only an Ace pilot survived on a TSF designed for Ace pilots.

The irony of this is that they could have it both ways, with easy to pilot TSFs for the grunts and elite-oriented TSFs for the samurai and noble class, since they are already piloting different machines.

I know americans in Muv Luv are often accused to favor combat from the long distance and to prefer destructive actions from afar rather than going straight into the battlefield, but frankly in my opinion killing your enemy while staying out of harm's way is the number one strategical advance one should achieve whenever it's possible. Elite training goes way below that, after numerical superiority (which isn't an option agaisnt Beta though).