View Single Post
Old 2006-11-07, 15:34   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Chupa jokes and the little puffball critters are purely anime (no such things in the manga). I don't mind the running gag Chupa stuff (especially since it gives Evangeline something else to be annoyed about) but the puffball police I'm not fond of. Yeah, Evangeline figures quite importantly in the manga too (along with Chach) and I like her "vampiritude" for lack of a better description of her grouchy loli-vampishness.

Aye.. it looks like they're just charging ahead.... which is both interesting and yet a bit disappointing to me. However, if Eva, Kaede, Mana, and the rest get to show off in a few large battle scenes the sort of stuff they did at Kyoto I'm probably good with it. The downside is that basically what we're getting is fairly established character relationships with probably only incremental growth.

edit: o I completely forgot... Nodoka is "teh hawtness" here but they totally underused her or kept knocking her aside for the gags. On the other hand, Asuna's VA puts out the most hysterically funny voices. Some nice Yue facial expressions when she catches Nodoka in the garden. Oh, yeah, and the silly walking club (I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to see much of Kaede in this series outside of background gags).

The Chupa club is pure PPD down to the anatomical model.... I supose Shinbo couldn't help himself and it gives Asuna a chance to channel "Becky".

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-11-07 at 16:28.