View Single Post
Old 2009-06-29, 08:07   Link #237
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Money is the root of all evil?
Perhaps...

I'm still keeping low out of the debate circle for a spell, but sure have seen some interesting theories and opinions from both sides of the coin (pple who don't care for him and those who do) in terms of analysing his part in the world and how he was more or less chewed up and spat out by the media and by those who use his raw talent to make a buck or two.
Lots going about but will consildate some topics here later.

Speaking of money, the sales of his albums have gone off the roof!
Which is weird, it makes me thinking who or why people are suddenly buying his albums when he's been idle for so long and these albums have been in stores for the 8 quiet years, it's not like it'll suddenly "disappear", any new material he had for the concerts, maybe they'll release later like they did for Tupac otherwise the mad rush to grab albums, makes me think 'what for? If you're already a fan, you'd have most of them, if you're new and now wanna appreciate his music then cool"

But the stats are insane, in this digital, pirate age, it's weird to see people actually buying physical media again on such a large scale *amused*
And just to brighten up things a little (any Americans catch the BET awards recently, I wanna get a download) ><;;;

I think Jamie was doing this for laughs as well as a tribute but this got me chuckling ^^
(Man... this instrumental rocks my world...)

And one from Ciara (her voice is actually isn't bad at all with this MJ tune)

Ah... found Janet's speech

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-06-29 at 08:23.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote