View Single Post
Old 2010-01-25, 23:22   Link #15
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Didn't realize there was a VA section for this series. Figure I would be alittle more detailed.

While I believe Yuri and Christina are the perfect fit for Hayate and Nagi in the case of a change in license (to Viz), it may not completely help the series if the rest of the cast doesn't match the characters. In the case of Funimation, the same 2 lead characters could have decent voice actors but an excellent supporting cast could make the series even better.
Funny thing is that I've also thought up of the (almost) same thing for Hayate and Nagi where Yuri Lowenthal voices Hayate. However, I've thought up of Tara Strong voicing Nagi instead mainly because I can feel the "tsundere" in Strong's voice acting, but I didn't leave out Cristina Valenzuela as an option if Tara can't voice Nagi.

Sadly, there aren't any goods roles for two of my favorite voice actors: James Arnold Taylor and Johnny Yong Bosch. I originally thought up Mr. Taylor either voicing Wataru Tachibana or Klaus, but they aren't good characters that would fit into James Arnold Taylor's voice acting range. But I did thought up of a good voice actor for Wataru Tachibana for the English dub:

Spoiler for the voice actor:

And I've also thought up of a good voice actor for Klaus for the English dub:

Spoiler for the voice actor:

Apparently, the only way to see a North American dub of Hayate the Combat Butler is if Bandai gives up the license to another licensor like Funimation. Other than that, there is very little hopes of seeing a North American dub of this anime.