View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 21:59   Link #332
erakk
Damned Basterd

I am new here but im going to give some opinions on some manga/animes some people already told you about:

The Sacred Blacksmith
The anime is good, but the ending let me down.
The manga follows the LN faithfully and it blows the anime away.
obs.
-protag is badass, serious personality, dark past.
-female protag becomes badass, matures along the story
-fights are amazing.

ano natsu de matteru
You WILL enjoy this. I guarantee.
obs.
-nah, dont wanna spoil it. it has most of what you want. A lot.

Zero no Tsukaima f
Well, what can i say. it has the same feeling as the others, and both protagonists relation becomes very cute and funny (well it already was).
obs.
-You know the drill. since you saw the others.

Highschool DxD
I'm not watching the anime, due to the excessiveness of bouncing boobs.
Sorry i'd rather get a good plot (well it does follow the LN and the story IS good. and it's not that i don't like boobs, just... Damn. YOU might enjoy it alot.)
obs.
-Bouncing Boob Paradise
-Weak protag gets strong, has a secret and a personality wich later makes the girls fall for him (for a reason).

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!!
uh... it is good. it's fun, but the end was... kinda weak.
VN is heaps better, and it has a group translating it (route per route, has 4/5 main routes done and some side routes)
obs.
-protag is a genius badass hentai. and That's GOOD.
-one of the girls has a different personality from the origial (VN)
-it's fun.

Sword Art Online
Yes i am a fanboy. It's EXCELENT. (the LN. the manga doesn't seems good. but i am waiting for the anime)
obs.
-Badass protag. smart, lonewolf, thinks fast, kind of lazy. the girls like him for a reason. and he develops a relationship with one.
-female protag(s) all badass in their own way. They are not the "weak omg protect me" or "excessive tsundere". They have very good personalities.
-Story goes dark very often, but it's not depressive. It's still a kickass plot, but not thaaaaat original( awesome though)
-it tries to be realistic by giving small explanations about some aspects of the game they play/the fights/ the tecnology of the world they live.

Darker Than Black
Almost perfect. all it needed is... not to end.
the romance is VERY LIGHT, but it exists.
iobs.
-protag. is kinda... the definition of black coat badass.
-plot is kinda complex and original.
-the fights and powers. Are amazing.
-The story is based on logic. If something happens, if someone does something, expect a goooood reason for it to happen.

These are MY opinions, but after reading your request i found myself similar to you in SOME points (not that strong romance, but i like it, like mature-not-stupid protag and smart-girl-who-doesnt-fall-in-love-for-no-reason and a developing relationship. But i like lots of realistic serious action and plot.
These ones i talked about dont fully represent my taste. but i know them.
erakk is offline   Reply With Quote