View Single Post
Old 2012-06-02, 19:51   Link #3364
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
I'm saying that Destiny was the real deal and Perfect Strike was scrapped a long time ago than attention was brought back to it. It wasn't until later that they revisited it and when they did it looked nothing like the concept artwork for it.
let set a few things straight..

1. The 'Perfect Strike' is not a new design, It's basically the Strike Gundam + aile, launcher, and sword + a few battery packs. that's it! It's not a newly designed MS.

2. Strike's original successor is a gundam that looked a lot like the strike + two big swords, two big guns and giant truster / backpack. Something like this (- the wings):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/vca6.jpg/

3. Destiny Gundam doesn't necessarily look like the Perfect Strike or the original design for Kira's 2nd MS. However, it is born from the same concept. So Destiny's design is different, but the philosophy is the same.

Quote:
Destiny Gundam was originally planned to be the upgrade for the Strike, not the Perfect Strike.
As I have already pointed out, The original design for Kira's 2nd MS looked more like the 'perfect Strike' and didin't look anything destiny. The Destiny Gundam is an original design, but the concept is obviously something that came out of early research on Kira's 2nd MS back in 2001.

It's basically Destiny's granddaddy..

Quote:
GSD had far more problems than just that. Most of it stemmed off reusing a ton of stock footage from old episodes and seed as well as the internal turmoil that was happening behind the scenes.
It all comes down to the fact that Destiny was rushed into production. Seed finished airing in Oktober 2003. Bandai ordered 50 new episodes when they realized how well Seed was selling. So let's say that Destiny was green lit in early 2004 and as we know the first episode of destiny aired on Oktober 2004. That means Fukuda and his crew had 4 - 6 months for pre-production.. Here is the problem, you simply can't finish pre-production for something big like Destiny in such a short amount of time. That's just impossible. And a smooth pre-production is essential to any kind of media work. All these production issues were bound to happen.. No matter how hard you work or how big the crew is, the creative process requires time. You can not force it.

@MakubeX2:
I remember this one (it's much closer to the the Freedom), but there was an even earlier version. That one had more swords and the body design looked more like that of the Strike. Like this one it looked very cluttered, but in terms of weaponry it was more even.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-06-06 at 18:34.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote