View Single Post
Old 2008-03-05, 11:43   Link #309
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Kyon-ko should be short and DFC and Shana-ish. Adds to her charm.

I don't know what everyone's problem with Haruki is.

Ryou should keep the knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Oh, I don't know. I read someone commenting on Kyonko as "aww, tiny little cute sarcastic person", and it stuck with me. If I may be selfish, I'd say that Kyonko being short is part of the charm for me.

-

Random thoughts:

I had this long list of ways for characters to refer to each other, but I seem to have lost it. So, from what I can remember:

Haruhi to Kyon: "Kyon"
Haruki to Kyonko: "Kyonko" (or "Kyon" or whatever her nickname ends up being)

Kyon to Haruhi: "Suzumiya-san" originally, "Haruhi" after some time
Kyonko to Haruki: The same, I think.

Haruhi to Mikuru: "Mikuru-chan"
Haruki to Mitsuru/Minoru/whatever: I don't know. "Minoru"? "Minoru-kun"? "Asahina"? "Asahina-kun"?

Haruhi to Koizumi: "Koizumi"
Haruki to Koizumi: "Koizumi-san", perhaps. Just "Koizumi" sounds a bit strange.

Haruhi to Yuki: "Yuki"
Haruki to Yuuki: "Yuuki" or "Yuuki-kun"? Or "Nagato-kun"?

Kyon to Yuki: "Nagato-san"
Kyonko to Yuuki: The same, probably.

Kyon to Mikuru: "Asahina-san"
Kyonko to Minoru: Probably the same, or "Asahina-sempai".

Kyon to Koizumi: "Koizumi"
Kyonko to Koizumi: Good question. Will address in a bit.

As far as I can tell, Koizumi, Nagato, and Asahina address everyone around them as "surname-san", except for Kyon. Asahina calls Kyon "Kyon-kun", and I don't remember Koizumi and Nagato ever addressing Kyon by (nick)name at all. If they did, it's probably "Kyon", but I need to check that.

Gender flip that, and it's likely to stay the same, except for Kyonko and Koizumi. From what I can tell, usually when female students address their female friends, it's on a first-name basis, with "-chan" occasionally, or maybe a cutesy nickname. When they're being polite to each other (whether because they don't know each other that well, or it's just their nature), it becomes "surname-san" again. So Tsuruya calls Mikuru "Mikuru-chan", and Mikuru calls Tsuruya "Tsuruya-san".

So, would Female Koizumi call Kyonko "Kyon", or "Kyon-chan"? Would Kyonko call Female Koizumi "Koizumi-san", or by her first name? Or maybe even just "Koizumi", like in the canon?
Haruhi calls Koizumi "Koizumi-kun" in the original. Kyon usually calls Yuki as "Nagato" and "Nagato-san" when feeling extra respecful.

Kyon-ko will probably call Koizumi "Koizumi".

In any case, we need to agree on names here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
This discussion is really starting to tickle my sociology fetish. It's clearly much more than crazed fans run amok at this point.
You too?

Guys, I plan to write Chapter 1 today, so you'll see my ideas then.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote